Ever had one of those times where you were just craving something naughty? Even moreso, some DEEP FRIED naughtiness? Yeah.. I was having one of THOSE moments, and it wasn’t even “game day” (but this recipe would be epic for a game day appy!!). So I’ll warn you now lovely reader, if you’re looking for a fitness loving, heart healthy recipe, sorry, today’s not the day. Instead, I have a sinfully yummy, double coated, hot oil fried recipe that will ensure the top button on the ol’ jeans gets undone. (It’s up to you if that’s a good thing or not). Feast your senses on this lovely recipe, The Popcorn Pork Bite. Yes.. it’s just as yummy and amazing as it sounds. Hey.. once in a while we all gotta live outside the lines, right?
Here we go!
Super easy to do – Season the pork cutlets, leave to “marinate” for a few hours.
Cut them into cubes.
Drop them into the seasoned flour….. then into some whisked eggs… and back into the flour.
Fry to golden… and DONE.
Deliciousness is at hand and you can thank me after you wake from your Popcorn Pork Bite induced food coma.
Oh… serving these little golden nuggets of happiness with processed cheese (nacho type cheese) not only doubles down on the pure badass that you’d be for eating these.. but it just plain heightens the flavor. Hands down. Or, .. you know, up, in pure celebration…… which btw, is what your kids would be doing if you made this for them.
What else have you deep-fried? Tell me in the comments below!
Popcorn Pork Bites - You're Welcome
Super easy and tasty appetizer. Excellent for game day!
- 3 Tenderized pork cutlets
- 2 C Flour
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp Chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp Garlic powder, divided
- 2 tsp Thyme, divided
- 2 tsp Onion powder, divided
- 2 tsp Paprika, divided
- 2 tsp Seasoned salt, divided
- 2 tsp Pepper, divided
- 2 tsp Rosemary, divided
- Season the pork cutlets using 1 tsp of all seasonings listed above. Marinate with those spices for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat your deep fryer, OR, heat enough oil in a heavy skillet so that the oil is approximately 1 ½ “deep, to approximately 350.
- Place the flour in a plastic bag and add the remaining seasonings listed above. Mix well
- Cube the cutlets into 1” pieces.
- Working in small batches, shake pieces of the pork cubes in the seasoned flour.
- Then dip them in the whisked egg, and put them back into the flour for a second coating.
- Slowly, drop the pork pieces in the oil, again, working in small batches as not to crowd the frying space.
- Cook the pork until its golden brown, approximately 8 minutes.
- Place the pieces into a bowl lined with paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with a processed cheese sauce, a ranch sauce, or any dipping sauce you might enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 5
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.
I made these in the air fryer (18-23 minutes at 390 depending on size) and they were amazing! Thanks for the recipe!
Hi Carsey! Thank you so much for commenting!! I love that you used the air fryer for these!! I’ll have to add that in the body of the post for other people,.. thank you again for the great tip!
Edith Jones says
the popcorn bites are very yummy
Thank you Edith!