Simply put, I was craving something fresh, crunchy, kinda juicy and ………… omg,.. healthy (crazy, right??). This is the end result from a basic search through the fridge. Also, there’s a secret ingredient in this Cucumber Avocado Salsa that pushes it to the “wholy cow, this is awesome” realm.
It helps that this is stupid easy to make. Will you hear “ooooh’s” and “aaaahs” when you present it?
Yes, yes I just bet you will.
Go on, you mealtime appetizer hero – get your salsa on!
Here we go!
Dice up all the vegetables and combine them in a bowl. Add the cilantro as well.
What’s the Secret Ingredient in this Cucumber Avocado Salsa??
I know right????
The pickle juice (not the sweet sort, the more savory “dill pickle” type juice) just adds that extra tang.
Extra tang = extra flavor guys!
My mouth is watering just typing this, actually.
Throw the few ingredients into the bowl for the dressing and whisk it up!
Finally, refrigerate for 20 minutes or so and then spoon it over little crostinis.
(or,.. little toasts. crackers. or your finger.)
What other uses are there?
This awesome Cucumber Avocado Salsa is really something that you’ll want to make over and over. If you leave out the crostini’s, you can even make this low carb by serving it on cucumber rounds, zucchini rounds, mix it with some greens into a salad, or heck, even celery sticks!! If you’re looking for another appetizer idea, take a peek at my Buffalo Chicken Pepper Appetizers (click HERE), the Caprese Chicken Appetizers (click HERE), or these super yummy Shrimp and Avocado Appetizer (click HERE)! Have a wonderful day and let me know what you thought of this appetizer!!
- ½ Zucchini, standard size, diced
- ¼ Red onion, diced
- 1 English cucumber, de-seeded and diced
- 1 Tomato, de-seeded and diced
- ½ Avocado, diced
- ½ Sweet pepper, red, yellow, etc, diced
- as desired Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ C Sour Cream
- ¼ C Greek Yogurt, plain
- 3 Tbsp. Pickle Juice, or vinegar if you prefer
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Add all diced ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, add all dressing ingredients together and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold in the dressing gently (as to not mash the avocado)
- Refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes and serve on crostini’s, crackers or tortilla chips.