Don’t you just luv little nibblies? You know, when you’re not hungry enough for dinner but you’re feeling a bit peckish? Or how about when you have the girls over and you want a little bit of something yummy to go along with whatever drinks you’re serving? Yeah.. well these Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizers are going FIT THAT BILL. Yes,.. yes they will. ( I like it when things rhyme.. haha!)
CHILI LIME SHRIMP APPETIZERS
There are so many great appetizers out there with shrimp aren’t there? This one is no exception and these little cuties are incredibly easy to make. There aren’t any wild and crazy ingredients that you need to go to special stores for, everything you need will be found at your local grocers!
What Ingredients Do You Need For These Shrimp Appetizers?
You can use any vegetables that you prefer really, as long as they paired well with shrimp. I wouldn’t mix brussels sprouts with shrimp for instance, but again, it’s your appetizer so you do you, girl! 🙂
So, you’ll need:
- Shrimp (of course) – you’ll want cooked and peeled shrimp here.
- Corn – try and use fresh corn here but if you can’t, frozen would be the next choice, thawed. After that, then use canned. Never use creamed corn in this recipe 🙂
- Cherry tomatoes
- A red (or purple, whatever you call it) onion that’s been diced
- Guacamole – You can use packaged (which I did here) or feel free to make your own spectacular guacamole if you have a great recipe on hand!
And then, for the dressing:
- Avocado oil(you could use olive oil if you prefer)
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- and some salt and pepper to taste.
What Can I Serve These Chili Lime Shrimp Appies on?
Well, again, pretty much anything you prefer. However, having said that, I wouldn’t serve it on pieces of bread or something like that.. lol. You’d want to choose something like:
- Nacho chips (Like I did, in the photos)
- Veggie crackers (like Bretons crackers or something like that)
- Triscuits (If you like them.)
- Cheese crackers (the kind of cracker that you make in the oven with shredded cheese melted and then cooled into a crisp cracker. They’d be awesome for this shrimp appetizer!)
Can I Make These Appetizers Ahead Of Time?
Yes! Absolutely. However, I wouldn’t do them THAT far ahead. If you wanted to prep the day ahead, I would do that, but only mix the veggies and shrimp together, and keep them ice cold in the refrigerator. Don’t serve them on the crackers as they would get too soggy. And obviously, don’t mix the guacamole on the cracker either. So you can prep all the elements the day before if you wish.
As for assembly ahead of time, I would maybe do them an hour or so ahead of time. My only concern is especially if you are using a fragile type cracker like a Breton, they would absorb some of the liquids from the appetizer mixture and might get too soft. So I’d say make the decision according to the serving vessel you’re using.
Can I Use Crab Instead Of Shrimp?
Sure, why not? Crab has a slightly sweeter flavor than shrimp but I think it would still pair nicely with the rest of the ingredients.
Can I Make Them Spicy?
YES!! If you’re a pepperhead, then absolutely, make them as spicy as you’d like. Add a bit of hot sauce or your favorite dried chili maybe? Or some other fresh hot peppers like jalapeno’s or even, if you dare, scotch bonnet!
Keep in mind though, if you’re sharing with others their spice tolerance might not be as bold as yours. Also, keep in mind, the longer the mixture ‘marinates’ in the fridge, the longer the flavors get to mingle and get spicier!
By the way – if you’re looking for a chip and dip to serve that would compliment these appies, take a peek at this Instant pot Chili Relleno Dip by Sparkles to Sprinkles. It would be PERFECT!
However you decide to make them, these gorgeous Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizers are sure to please anyone who loves these sort of nibblies or appetizers. The brininess of the shrimp, the tartness from the lime, the crunch from the tortilla chip and the sweetness from the tomatoes (along with all the luscious and delicious spices), these adorable little bites come together into a blissful bite!!
When you make these delicious appetizers, let me know if and how you switched them up down in the comments below! I’d love to hear how you did them! Thanks so much for stopping by The Salty Pot today, and I hope you have a wonderful day!!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS CHILI LIME SHRIMP APPETIZER PIN TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD FOR SAFEKEEPING!!!
- 1c shrimp, cooked
- ½ c corn, frozen, thawed
- 1c cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ c red onion, diced
- ½ c guacamole
- as desired cilantro (garnish)
- 3Tbsp lime juice
- 2Tbsp oil (avocado or olive)
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips (rounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. Mix well.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Blend well
- Pour the dressing ingredients over the shrimp mixture and mix.
- Dollop 1/2 tsp amounts of guacamole onto some tortilla rounds
- Top with the shrimp salad mixture
- Garnish with cilantro
** See post for recipe notes. Thank you so much!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 26 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 110mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g