So you’re lookin’ to get your wing eatin’ on are ya? I know.. I know. Chicken wings are possibly one of the best foods on this planet, hands down. And.. not only are chicken wings (done crispy) some of the most amazing things, having Teriyaki Chicken Wings just levels them up that much more!
NINJA FOODI TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS
There are so many flavors of chicken wings to made out there. IN fact, I’ve already made two different flavors that are really popular on this blog! Check them out!
While those chicken wings above are incredibly delicious, these Teriyaki Chicken Wings are EQUALLY as yummy! I like the slightly sweet, slightly salty flavors with a hint of ginger that makes up teriyaki sauce, and when they’re cooked in the Ninja Foodi………… well omgosh.. they’re simply amazing. For real. 🙂
Can I make these teriyaki wings in the Instant Pot as well?
You bet! The pressure cooking time and method are pretty much the same, except where you would broil the chicken in the Foodi, you would simply broil them in your oven! Simple Dimple!
What about the Teriyaki Sauce for these Chicken Wings?
Ok, because I like SIMPLE, I used a bottled brand. HOWEVER, there’s nothing saying you can’t make your own sauce if you’d like!
Ok, So For These Teriyaki Chicken Wings, What Do I Need?
Well, my lovely reader, I’m sure you have all the ingredients right in your pantry! Let’s see:
- Chicken Wings, of course (I did a dozen, but you can do more)
- Chicken Broth
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Ginger Powder
- Salt and Pepper
season the wings!
Add the broth….
Gettem’ in the tub!
When making these Teriyaki Chicken Wings, does it matter how many wings I pressure cook at one time?
Absolutely not. You can cook as many as you’d like at one time. Now, having said that, it’s probably not a good idea to cook more than 2 dozen at once. Basically, because you want to make sure all the wings are cooked evenly, and then in the air crisping step, the more you do, the more batches you’ll have to make.
Tips for making these wings:
- Don’t start out with frozen wings. Use only fresh.
- Wash and pat dry the wings. Be sure they are plenty dry to begin with so the seasoning sticks to them.
- When putting in the chicken stock during the pressure cooking stage, carefully put in the stock and then place the chicken wings around it, careful to not wash off the seasoning from the wings.
- When removing the wings, use tongs to take them out. They’re easiest to use as they will grab the wing from the sides to help keep it together. Careful not to scrape your pressure bowl though!
- You could even marinate these wings ahead of time with the dry seasonings for up to a few hours for added flavor! Be sure your seasonings are fresh, as they will have the best potency.
Garnishes for these awesomely delicious Teriyaki Wings
- You could use:
- sesame seeds (as I did)
- green onion, minced
- or, even Trader Joes Everything Bagel Seasoning. (Crazy idea, but think, it has sesame seeds, garlic, and honestly, the poppy seeds will add nice texture!)
Ok! So that about wraps it up for today! I hope that if you try making these wings, that you’ll let me know below what you thought of them, and tell me your favorite garnish! Thanks so much for stopping by The Salty Pot today!
If you’re looking for more amazing Ninja Foodi chicken wing recipes, check out this Ninja Foodi garlic parmesan chicken wings:
OH! DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS NINJA FOODI TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS PIN TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD TO USE LATER!!!
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- as desired, salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- Wash and pat dry the chicken wings.
- Season with salt, pepper and ginger powder
- Add the chicken broth to the Foodi bowl
- Place the chicken wings into the bowl, careful to not splash off the seasonings
- Pressure cook for 7 minutes (or until you've reached 165 degrees).
- When cooking time is up, quick release any remaining pressure until the pin drops. Carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the wings with tongs, and drain out the liquid in the cooking bowl.
- Place the air crisping rack into the bowl and carefully add back the wings.
- With a basting brush, brush the wings on both sides with your favorite teriyaki sauce.
- Air crisp the wings at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until you've reached the desired crispiness on the wings. Because you can lift the lid while air crisping, you can also add more sauce the wings as you are crisping them.
- When finished air crisping, carefully remove them and garnish with sesame seeds or your favorite garnish!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 239Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 1105mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g