Incredibly delicious and requested again and again, this No Bake Cookie Cake has everything that is good about desserts packed into one bowl. Yummy birthday cake cookies (or your favorite flavor), creamy pudding, soft and squishy fruity marshmallows, and pillowy whipped cream.
Easy to make like a trifle but better, and every kid that’s tried this fun dessert LOVES it!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MARSHMALLOW NO BAKE COOKIE CAKE RECIPE
This unique no-bake cookie cake dessert will bring smiles to all the little faces who see it! (and maybe from the big faces too!). Recipes like this and these other No Bake Desserts are so great because you can still have a sweet treat without all the fuss with a hot stove or oven.
A cake like this a great alternative to the traditional celebratory birthday cake and let’s be honest, way more exciting. It can be used for any celebration actually. Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, Christmas, cookouts, the turtle’s birthday, .. heck.. did you buy a new lamp? Yaay! Time to celebrate!
Birthday Cookies – Now, you can use any sandwich type cookie you’d like, but because I made this dessert for a birthday celebration, I used birthday cookies. Golden Oreos work well, Vanilla Sandwich Cookies or other flavored birthday cookies like these would be perfect.
Marshmallows – I’m going to be a stickler here and say to use only the fruity mini marshmallows. They have some varied taste to them and they’re just so adorable with their pastel colors! But honestly, use the white mini ones if you like, just don’t use the standard sized marshmallows.
Vanilla Pudding – I used instant vanilla pudding for this recipe, but feel free to switch it up. Cooked pudding (as long as it’s cooled), banana pudding, butterscotch, pistachio, etc.
Whipped Cream – You can use cool whip (which I used here) or make homemade whipped cream if you prefer.
SALTY POT TIP: If you use homemade whipped cream, assemble the dessert shortly before serving as the whipped cream may make deflate and make the cookies soggy.
This cookie dessert is pretty much all about layering and assembly.
- Lay some cookies at the bottom of the bowl.
- Place some pudding on top of the cookies.
- Layer on the whipped cream and marshmallow mixture.
- Keep layering until you’ve reached the top layer.
- Chill until serving time!
Hint: Little hands LOVE to help make this dessert and is a great recipe to introduce them to baking.
Do I Need A Special Bowl To Make This Dessert?
I made this layered cookie dessert in a glass round bowl. You can make this in any vessel you’d like, as long as it can accomodate some height with the layers of cookies, pudding and of course whipped cream and marshmallows.
I prefer to use my glass bowl when I make it so you can see all the pretty layers!
Variations of this No Bake Dessert Recipe
- You can change up the assembly of this cookie cake by crumbling up the cookies for every layer instead of keeping them whole.
- Instead of mixing the whipping cream and marshmallows together, you could keep them separate and make even more pretty layers to show in the cake.
- As for switching up flavors, different combinations go well togethr like chocolate cookies and chocolate pudding, or chocolate cookies and butterscotch pudding.
- Additional nuts would add a wonderful flavor and textural interest to the no bake cake too!
Making this Dessert Ahead of Time
I know we all live super busy lives and that’s what makes this adorable cookie dessert so nice. You can easily put it together first thing in the morning, and its flavors will combine as it chills. No baking, no frosting. It’s all built-in. The only thing you have to add is the candles, and this marshmallow birthday cookie dessert can handle that too!
Oh, and just so you know, if you’re looking for other easy and delicious dessert ideas, take a peek at my Chocolate Cherry Cake Hack, or I also have an Apple Pecan Croissants with Butterscotch Sauce Dessert that’s more of an adult dessert.
If you make this dessert for a special celebration, I’d love to hear about it below!! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by The Salty Pot today! I hope you have a wonderful celebration!
- 1 box birthday cake cookies
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding, makes 4 cups
- 1 tub whipped cream topping
- 1 bag of fruity mini marshmallows
- Make the vanilla pudding according to the box directions. Set aside
- In a bowl, fold together the bag of marshmallows and the whipped topping, leaving about a cup of marshmallows aside for garnish
- In the serving bowl, layer 5 -6 cookies on the bottom
- Cover the cookies with approximately 2 cups of the pudding
- Cover the pudding with ⅓ of the whipped topping and marshmallows
- Place another layer of cookies on the marshmallows
- Continue to layer the ingredients until the whipped topping is the last layer
- Crumble the remaining cookies over the top along with the remaining marshmallows and whipped cream mixture.
- Chill until serving.
Feel free to mix up the flavors and types cookies and pudding to make this no bake dessert unique every time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g