Super Ooey Gooey cheesy Pizza Quesadilla Sticks!! Doesn’t that just scream the perfect lunch? Or snack? Or game day appetizer? Whatever reason you make this for, rest assured that everything that is awesome about pizza and quesadilla’s is IN THIS DISH. For real. No joke. I dare you to go make it… go ahead.. I’ll wait. 🙂
Want to Jump to the Recipe for the Ooey Gooey Cheesy Pizza Quesadilla Sticks now??? Click the button below!!
OOEY GOOEY CHEESY PIZZA QUESADILLA STICKS!!
These are crazy simple to make. So simple really that it seems something that tastes this good should be harder to make. But it’s not, and because it’s so simple, it will be a “go to” recipe that you make all the time.
I’m sure you have the ingredients in your pantry now. Of course, tortilla’s, cheese, pizza or marinara sauce, cheese, pepperoni, cheese, sweet peppers, and oh, did I mention cheese?
You can make these awesome little snacks in any you want really. Whatever you like on a pizza – put it in this quesadilla. Hence.. you know… the name – the pizza quesadilla. Let’s just take a moment and explore some fillings/toppings, shall we?
- pepperoni and green pepper
- pepperoni, mushroom, onion
- ham and pineapple (ok ok ok, we can discuss the right and wrong’s of pineapple on a pizza another day..lol)
- sausage and bacon
…the list is endless
You can go with any sort of cheese you prefer as well. I prefer your typical mozzarella on my pizza, but I know some people enjoy feta, parmesan or even provolone or greyere. I suppose it’s all according to your preference and that’s what makes these so awesome. It’s all about YOU 😉
One of the best things about these cheesy pizza quesadilla sticks is that you’re not eating the heavy crust that makes you nap for 3 hours after you eat it. The tortilla’s crisp up nicely, so you get the crunch in the bite, and they serve as the perfect vessel to house all the ingredients from the plate to your mouth. PLUS, these hold up incredibly well to DIPPING. And you know you just have to dip these tasty quesadilla sticks.
Making Cheezy Pizza Quesadillas Couldn’t Be Easier!
So, let’s get on it with it. Easy peasy cheesy quesadilla! (hey.. kinda rhymes. LOL)
Ok, so if you have a grill pan, ideal!! If not, no biggie, just use your favorite frying pan. The grill pan makes pretty grill marks on the tortilla’s but the marks are not integral to the yumminess of the dish.
So you simply take one 6 – 8 round tortillas. Place your cheese, pepperoni and green pepper on the surface. Place into a greased/sprayed with non stick spray, grill pan. Take another tortilla and place that over the top. You want the heat to be a medium heat, so that while it’s toasting the tortilla, it’s also melting the cheese and making the pepperoni nice and cooked. When you have some great color on the tortilla, using a large flipper/spatula, CAREFULLY flip the quesadilla over to the other side. This is the trickiest part as you want all the filling to stay between the tortilla’s and not fall out on that pan. This is why you want a lot of the cheese already melted so that it makes everything stick inside.
Cook it on the other side until you again, get some nice toasty grill marks. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate. Cut the quesadilla into strips and let it cool slightly while you prepare the dipping sauce.
In a small bowl, combine pizza sauce, or marinara sauce, or even spaghetti sauce will do in a pinch. If you’d like, add a bit of garlic powder, hot chili’s and/or Italian seasoning to the sauce to spice it up a bit more.
And then that’s it! See how easy these cheesy pizza quesadilla sticks are to make? I love these because they’re such a great, quick dish to put together. If you like the pizza like vibe, and have an outdoor grill, try this Easy Grilled Pepperoni and Cheese Flatbread Pizza. It’s equally as awesome as this cheesy pizza quesadilla recipe! Did I mention they’re cheesy? lol
What’s your favorite pizza toppings? Do you like anything out of the ordinary? Let us know down below so we can all read about it, and try them out! Thanks for stopping by!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS SO IT’S EASY TO GRAB THE RECIPE ANOTHER DAY!
Super Cheesy Pizza Quesadilla Sticks
- 2 tortillas 6 - 8"
- 1/2 c or more pizza mozzarella
- 1/4 of a sweet pepper sliced thin
- 6 - 8 pieces of pizza pepperoni
- 1/4 c marinara dipping sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Place a grill pan over med heat. Spray with non stick spray
- On one tortilla, place half the cheese, the green pepper, the pepperoni, and the remaining cheese.
- Transfer the tortilla to the grill pan. Cover the quesadilla with the other tortilla. Press down
- Cook for 2 - 4 minutes or until the cheese is beginning to melt and there is color developing on the bottom tortilla.
- Carefully turn the tortilla over to cook the other side. Leave it again 2 - 4 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and there are grill marks on the other tortilla.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a plate, and slice into sticks. Let sit for 1 - 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the marinara sauce with the garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Dip the sticks into the marinara sauce and enjoy!