These creamy chocolate and Butterfinger shots pack a seriously delicious flavor bomb. The addition of crumbled classic Butterfinger candy with the chocolate syrup rim makes this decadent dessert shooter a party favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why You’ll Love This Shot Recipe
- This liquid Butterfinger shot is a lot of fun and really mimics the flavor of this popular candy. You can use this recipe as written; divided it into 4 shot glasses, or, split it into two cocktails.
- By the way, it’s a fantastic way to use up leftover candy from Halloween!
- This drink will stand out and is great for serving for movie nights, Halloween parties, holiday parties, and small get-togethers or snuggling up with its warm chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel flavors on a cold evening.
- Baileys Irish Cream
- Jagermeister Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur – or any other coffee liqueur you prefer will work.
- Butterscotch liqueur
- Chocolate Topping
- Crushed Butterfinger Candy
How to make this Butterfinger Cocktail
Place your chocolate topping into a shallow dish larger than the rim of your glasses.
Crush up your butterfingers and place them in a shallow dish that is larger than the rim of your glasses.
In a shaker or glass jar with ice pour all of the alcohol shots together and shake or stir.
Dip the rim of each glass into the chocolate then roll in the crushed candy bars to create the candy-coated decorative rim.
Strain the alcohol mixture into the glass or glasses and serve fresh.
To speed up the process when making this for a crowd you can dip and rim the glasses and place them in the freezer until you are ready to serve so you can simplify the overall process.
Saltypot Tip: Chill the shaker and the shot glasses to keep all the ingredients nice and chilled when you serve! Yum!
Make it your own
This drink is easy to customize whether you are making it into a cocktail or a set of shots and looking to change up the flavor for something truly unique.
For this, you can swap out the vodka for a flavored vodka like marshmallow or whipped cream. Try a chocolate or birthday cake-flavored vodka for a twist as well.
No butterfingers? That’s okay. You can crush up nearly any of your favorite candies to line the rim of your glasses. Heath bars make a great option for this one.
Try mixing it in with a fresh cold brew gourmet coffee to make this cocktail a bit less potent and more of a sipper to enjoy.
Questions You Might Have
Prepare the shot glasses as instructed in the recipe card below. Leave out all the alcoholic spirits and instead, replace them with Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate, an alcohol free Vodka spirit, Jordyn’s Butter Toffee syrup and some Baileys Irish Cream coffee creamer.
Absolutely! Prepare the glasses the day before, or the morning you want to serve them. Pop them in the freezer until your ready to serve. You can mix up the alcohol together in a pitcher and then keep in the fridge. Just before serving, give the mixture a good stir, and then shake over ice to cool it further. Serve in the shot glasses and enjoy!
What Can I Serve this Liquid Butterfinger Shot With?
This drink can be served as a strong cocktail or as shots – making it pretty versatile in how you serve it.
- Pairing with a cake like my Cherry Chocolate Cake Hack Recipe or brownies is always a good choice.
- Serving these delicious sweet shots would make a perfect stand-in for your typical dessert to wrap up a dinner party. Serving them as they are for sipping during the conversation, or, as a sidecar alongside some delicious coffee or hot chocolate.
- Try serving this with smores over a fall bonfire or add to a menu of chocolate drinks for valentines day.
You can mix this ahead of time in a much larger portion and leave it in the refrigerator to pour into prepared glasses when you are ready.
Store any leftover mixture in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Because it is strictly mixed alcohol it will last a very long time until you are ready to put it into decorated glasses and serve.
Did you make this Butterfinger Shot? What did you think of this delicious, decadent shooter? Let me know in the comments below! Have a wonderful day!
Creamy, decadent, and sweet, these Butterfinger Shots taste like liquid Butterfinger candy. They're always a hit around the holidays!
- 1 shot Baileys Irish Cream (1.5 ounces)
- 1 shot Jagermeister Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur (1.5 ounces)
- 1 shot butterscotch liqueur (1.5 ounces)
- 1 shot vodka (1.5 ounces)
- 1/2 ounce Chocolate Syrup Topping
- As desired, Crushed Butterfinger Candy (2 mini bars or one candy bar)
Pour the chocolate syrup into a small shallow dish. Set aside.
With a food processor, sharp knife, or kitchen mallet, crush the Butterfinger candy and place in another shallow dish, then set aside.
Dip the shot glass rim into the chocolate syrup, and then immediately dip the rims into the crushed Butterfinger candy.
In a chilled shaker or tall glass, fill with ice and pour all the separate alcohol shots into the shaker.
Cover and shake the shaker (or stir the glass) to combine the alcohol and cool it down with the ice.
Carefully strain and divide the liquid Butterfinger into the shot glasses.
Serve and enjoy!
For a fun twist, try blending everything together with the ice and serve the shots in a frappuccino style! This will extend the shots into 5 rather than four.
Depending on how you crush the candy will depend on well it sticks to the glass. If you crush it fine, it will adhere to the chocolate syrup better. Leaving the candy in small chunks is fine as well, but you won't be able to stick too much to the rim and it may fall off while waiting to be served.
You can make the glasses up ahead of time by dipping the rims in the syrup and the Butterfinger crumbs, then popping them in the freezer until you're ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply