Good morning sunshine! I hear you’re looking for a breakfast recipe that’s easy! Well, check out this simple avocado toast!
Yummy, creamy, healthy, and SUPER delicious! Is it the best avocado toast? Yep…. for breakfast, I’d have to say so! (or, one of them, anyway!!!)
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SIMPLE AVOCADO TOAST
One of my most favorite ways to use avocado is of course, in guacamole, or in a salad like this Beet, Avocado and Feta Cheese Salad I made, but also by making this simple Simple Avocado Toast recipe. It’s almost not even a recipe, it’s more of just an assembly of ingredients.
An avocado and egg breakfast is nothing new, right? I know, there are tons of ways to have that flavor combination, but when you make this way, – on toast – it’s even better. Why is better on bread?
Why we love this avocado recipe:
- It’s quick to make
- It’s full of good fats and proteins, and with bread, it adds more fiber
- It’s pretty darn handy to just hold it and eat it while you’re getting ready!
I’ll bet you have it all in the pantry right now:
- Eggs – I like to use extra large eggs from a local producer to has free range hens. They forage on grass and bugs along with their usual feed, so the yolks tend to be higher in nutrition.
- Avocado: Choose the ripest and freshest that you can.
- Bread – Using a good whole wheat or seedy bread is a great choice here. White bread sometimes doesn’t have the ‘heft’ or structure to hold all the ingredients on top without getting flattened.
- Butter (optional, but highly recommended!)
- Everything but the bagel topping (also optional)
Directions for making this nutritious breakfast:
First, you make your scrambled eggs. I used four eggs here (for two people). Scramble the eggs in your favorite way. I like scrambled eggs with big pieces of egg, not fine pieces, so I don’t stir the eggs alot. I basically use a spatula and fold them around the pan occastionally.
Also, adding some pepper and thyme to the eggs while cooking is a great idea, but don’t salt your eggs until after the cooking process has finished.
Meanwhile, while the eggs are cooking, toast your bread.
When the toast is toasted, place the scrambled eggs, divided in half, on top of the toast. You could butter your toast if you wish, but the avocado has a lot of good fats in it, that I’m not sure it needs the butter.
Then slice your avocado in half, remove the pit. With a knife, carefully cut the halves into long slices, lengthwise, then using a spoon, scoop them out of the avocado peel and place them on top of the eggs.
If you have a favorite topping (I used Everything Bagel seasoning), top the avocado with it. If you don’t have that seasoning on hand, a combination of the following will be perfect sprinkled on top.
- Sesame seeds
- dehydrated garlic
- salt and pepper
- minced red onion
- bacon bits
- minced radish
- seasoning salt
- fresh herbs
It’s really endless, the possible combinations that can be made with this concept. You could use avocado with a poached egg because if you made the yolk a bit softer, then the yolk acts almost like dressing over the toast.
That toast sopping up the egg yolk with a nice bite of fresh avocado would be delicious!
Speaking of fresh avocado, if you don’t have it on hand, did you know you can buy frozen avocado? In fact, you can freeze avocado on your own if you find that you bought more than what you’ll use up before it goes bad.
It’s super simple to do and saves you money!
Well my beautiful readers, if you decide to make this super yummy recipe for simple avocado toast, please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought of it! Did you change anything up? Add anything extra? Share it below and let others get some great ideas, plus,…. I want to hear your ideas as well!!
Thanks for stopping by The Salty Pot today!
- 1 Avocado, fresh
- 4 eggs
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, (optional)
- 2 teaspoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Begin by toasting your bread.
- While the bread is toasting, crack your eggs and whip them with a fork. Put them into a heated, nonstick fry pan.
- Slowly move the eggs around, careful not to break up the larger pieces of egg forming.
- While the eggs are cooking, cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit. With a butter knife, make long slices in each side of the avocado, from top to bottom.
- When the toast is ready, you can butter it at this point.
- The eggs should be ready. Divide the amount in half, and spoon each half onto each piece of toast.
- Taking a spoon, scoop out the strips of avocado and place them on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle the tops of the avocado pieces with the seasoning.
Use the freshest eggs and avocado you can find.
The butter in the recipe is optional but it's highly recommended!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 387mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.