One pan meals are awesome, aren’t they? Everything all spiced and seasoned on one tray, and into the oven it goes to get it’s deliciousness on! I just love the ease and convenience of them. I’ll be posting a few different ones in the short future, so here’s one of the first… and let me tell you.. the TASTE of this One Pan Tzatziki Chicken and Potatoes is simply lip smakin’!!!
So let me talk with you here for a second about this Tzatziki Chicken. Tzatziki is normally a dip that we bring to parties and baby showers. It’s usually made with cucumbers, herbs, garlic, lemons, etc. While it’s excellent in its own right, the fact that the flavors can transfer to this chicken in such an incredible way is enough to make me smile. Corny, I know.. but so true. See, with the juiciness of the chicken, the slight tang of the lemon, and the “wave hello” from the garlic – a fresh taste all mixed with the excellent blend of the herbs, …. well… it’s just a perfect pairing of all things wonderful. LOL.
Does it sound crazy to you? Tzatziki flavors on chicken? Well, my dear reader, it’s much akin to our other favorite- RANCH. So, while we all love how ranch flavors take certain foods (such as chicken) to a whole new level, so does this special mix of flavors. And what’s even better?????? ….. ITS ALL IN ONE PAN. One pan dinners make it easier for us to go to our happy places. 🙂
This Tzatziki Chicken and Potatoes honestly can’t be any easier, and you know I’m all about the easy! Marinate the chicken overnight in the seasonings, cut up a few baby potatoes, (if no baby potatoes, regular ones cut bite size will totally do), also seasoned with Tzatziki flavors, and all dumped onto a sheet pan for baking! Throw it in the oven, add a small side of something green if you want, and BOOM! Dinner’s done!
I used chicken thighs and legs because I happen to like those pieces of the bird, but you can use chicken breasts if you prefer. (Just adjust your cooking time – but I’ll make some notes down below for all that.). Easy peasy are the main words here!
By the way, if chicken dinners are your thing, you might want to check out this kick butt chicken recipe Cheesy Chicken Bacon Fusilli Casserole here... and this Crispy Buttery Buffalo Chicken here. You won’t be disappointed!!
So when you’re short on time, short on energy, short on .. well.. patience for life (we all have those days!) – this One Pan Tzatziki Chicken and Potatoes is the perfect “go to” for those moments. In fact, it’s so good at filling all those ‘checkmark boxes’ (taste, easy, quick, etc), that you might even decide to put it on the menu rotation because… well.. because you CAN. 🙂
- 5 chicken thighs
- 5 drumsticks
- or 4 -5 breasts
- 1 lb baby potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Tzatziki Seasoning
- 1/2 c oil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- In a large bag or bowl, combine the oil and the packet seasoning together.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper
- Reserve 1/4 c of the seasoning in a separate ziplock bag for later.
- Place the chicken pieces in the bag with main seasoning mix or bowl and leave it 4 - 5 hours or overnight to marinate
- Preheat oven to 350
- On a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper or greased, lay out the chicken pieces
- In the reserved bag of marinade, add the potatoes and give it a good squish around to cover all the potatoes with the seasoning
- Transfer the potatoes to the pan amongst the chicken
- Bake for approximately 40 - 45 minutes or until the chicken is completely done (internal temp of 165) and the potatoes are tender ** note, if you using chicken breasts, cook the potatoes for 15 minutes on the sheet pan first, and then add the chicken to the pan and cook for another 25 - 30 minutes.
- When serving, squeeze some fresh lemon over the sheet pan.