These air fryer sausage rolls are easy to make and packed with flavor. Made with 2 main ingredients, they’re perfect for a grab-and-go meal or for adding to brunch or even a fun and delicious charcuterie board.
Best of all? No need to heat up the oven, no deep fryer involved so they’re not overly greasy. Just delicious savory, flaky morsels of yumminess!
Why You’ll Love These Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls are a fun twist on classic pigs in a blanket and can be made for breakfast or dinner in your air fryer so you do not have to heat up your house this summer to have a fun treat.
Air fryer cooking is one of the easier ways to have your favorite baked recipes over the summer without having to pay to cool your house down from running the oven.
They make a quick and easy dish to whip up on any game night and look fantastic on any appetizer table.
What you need
- Puff pastry, thawed
- Sausage Meat – You can also use loose sausage on the trays. Note: buying sausage in the casing and then removing the casing is less expensive than purchasing the tray of sausage meat.
- Egg: This will be your egg wash. Adding a splash of water to the egg helps break it up a bit and makes it spread nicer on the pastry.
- Sesame Seeds: Optional, but highly recommended. They add a bit of texture and flavor and look really appetizing when sprinkled on the rolls.
How To Make Sausage Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet
- Take one sausage and place it on one end of a puff pastry rectangle.
- Roll the pastry around the sausage tightly and press the edges together to seal.
- Brush on the egg wash
- Cook the sausage rolls
- Remove the sausage rolls, cool and enjoy!
****SaltyPot Tip: Look below for all the exact ingredient amounts, recipe directions, and notes in the printable recipe card below.
Sausage Roll Recipe Tips and Variations
Kick it up a notch by adding some fresh chopped or dried spicy peppers to your sausage rolls. This gives you full control over the level of spice. Of course, if you want you can opt to use a prepared hot (spicy) sausage instead.
For an extra cheesy twist, add a layer of shredded cheese on top (or even inside!) of the sausage before rolling the puff pastry around it. You could use cheddar, mozzarella, or any other favorite cheese.
Experiment with different types of sausage to mix up the flavor. You could try spicy Italian sausages, chorizo, or even vegetarian sausages for a meat-free version.
Add some vegetables to your sausage rolls for a healthy twist. Try adding minced and precooked onions, peppers, or mushrooms to the sausage mixture before rolling them up in the pastry.
What To Serve The Sausage Rolls With
These are great for serving with fun dips and sauces. From a classic sausage gravy to a hot honey mustard or homemade dijon, you can use dips and sauces to give these the flavor you want.
These are also fantastic served as part of a big brunch or even with some scrambled eggs for breakfast on a normal day.
Have fun with these as part of your menu to give you something different while you can. Serving sausage rolls as a game day snack is perfect along with my recipe for Chili Lime Shrimp on Tortillas and/or my super delicious sweet and Sticky Grilled Wings on Skewers!
Adding some fresh-cut veggies like carrot sticks, celery sticks, and fresh mushrooms would add a nice note of freshness alongside these air-fried sausage rolls.
These can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in the air fryer for a few minutes. Reheating in the microwave works, but the texture can change a lot.
A nice option is to double the recipe and freeze half of the recipe unbaked so you can simply remove the portions you want and air fry them from frozen. Allow an extra 10 minutes in the air frying process to cook thoroughly.
Did You Make These Air Fryer Sausage Rolls?
Did you make these homemade sausage rolls? I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below, and please don’t forget to leave a star rating on the recipe card! Thank you for stopping by The Salty Pot, and I hope you have a fantastic day!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed and cut into 3 equal length pieces
- 8 pork sausage links
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
- White sesame seeds
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and lightly prepare the basket with a nonstick spray
- Cut the puff pastry into 3 equal size lengths
- Place 2 ½ sausage links in the middle of each pastry
- Fold the pastry over to enclose the sausage
- Use egg wash to seal the edge and use a fork to crimp the seam
- Cut the roll into 4 equal size rolls
- Brush the egg wash on each roll then sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top
- Place the rolls in the basket and cook for 12-15 minutes
- Repeat this process for the remaining 2 strips of pastry
- Serve with dipping sauce if desired and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.