2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies!! Yaaay!
TWO INGREDIENT PUMPKIN BROWNIES!! Yes, believe it! In the spirit everything pumpkin this season, I bring you another two ingredient, Thanksgiving/fall/pumpkin themed type recipe. Seriously, these amazing 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies makes you want break out the sweat pants and fuzzy slippers, and get ready for the coming hibernation. I’ve tried other minimal ingredient recipe desserts before like my super easy moist CHERRY CHOCOLATE CAKE. .Oh, and remember the CHEATER FRUIT COBBLER? That one as was a two ingredient recipe as well. Both of those recipes turned out pretty damn well, I have to say.
How to make 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies
This recipe is so crazy easy, you’ll wonder how you’ve gone all these years without making it. I mean, let’s face it, regular brownies are amazing in their own right…. but a PUMPKIN BROWNIE? It’s over the top. It’s super luscious with all those pumpkin spice flavors that you totally dig this time of year. And to top it off.. IT’S GOT FROSTING. Yeah!!
Making 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies
Alright! First up, here’s your ingredients!
One Chocolate Brownie Mix (any brand you prefer)
One 15 ounce can of Canned Pumpkin (or Pumpkin Pie Filling)
That’s it! I know, it’s easy isn’t it? I love easy! (don’t go there.) Moving on, here’s the photo of the ingredients:
*NOTE: In the photo above, you’ll see that I bought the 540ml (18 ounce) can because that’s all they had. I weighed 15 ounces and it came to roughly 3/4 of the can. Please keep this in mind when making your own, and adjust according to the can you buy.
1. Preheat your oven to 350!
2. Empty the box of brownie mix and about 15 ounces of the pumpkin pie filling into the cake mix and mix together.
I know, pretty difficult so far, right?
3. Now, this is optional, but I happen to seriously love anything pumpkin spice. So you can add up to a teaspoon of pumpkin spice to the mix to “make it sing”. ( I DESPISE that term, but it’s really the only word I thought appropriate to explain what I”m trying get across).
So I added 1/2 a teaspoon. Twice. 🙂
4. Next, pour the mixture into a parchment lined 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan. No parchment?
Grease the hell outta the pan, and you’ll be fine.
I found that I had to bake the brownies for a good 45 – 50 minutes, so you might wanna keep an eyeball on the pan just to make sure it’s baked thoroughly. Start testing the brownies at the 45 minute mark. No one likes raw brownie dough…… I think anyway. Maybe it’s like a raw cookie dough concept? Meh, not for this chick – I like my baked desserts… BAKED.
When a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean, you’re good to go.
Let cool COMPLETELY before you decide to frost or sugar these babies.
Ok. So let me tell you, this isn’t your typical brownie. It’s more dense, and has a soft pumpkin flavor mixed with the chocolately goodness of the brownie. Be warned though, my gorgeous reader. If you like the flavor of chocolate, this chocolate brownie with the chocolate frosting can quell any chocolate craving you might have. HOWEVER, the denseness of these brownies from the pumpkin seem to almost intensify the chocolatey taste to the point that well,… it’s teetering on craziness.
How to serve these pumpkin brownies?:
You can frost them entirely with the frosting that comes in the box, which is super yummy! Or:
- Mix some nutella hazelnut spread with the frosting and now you have a nutty chocolate frosting
- Forget the frosting and simply use a powdered confectioners sugar sprinkled on top
- Serve them slightly warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Place a nice healthy dollop of whipped cream over top each piece
- Serve them as is on the plate with the frosting on the side so people can use it as they wish
I ADORE chocolate, and ONE small brownie with the frosting was enough to lull me into sweet, dreamy chocolate pumpkin land, where one might be tucked into their chocolate pumpkin brownie bed and given chocolate pumpkin brownie kisses and yummy chocolate hugs sprinkled with warm pumpkin spices.
Yes. It’s like that.
- 1 box brownie mix, (your favorite kind that comes with frosting)
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, (*optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine the brownie mix and pumpkin puree
- Add the pumpkin pie spice if using. Mix well.
- Transfer into a parchment-lined 8 x 8 pan (or greased very well)
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Frost the brownies with the icing that came in the box.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 33Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.