Grilled Cinnamon Bun Flatbread is a super delicious breakfast that utilizes the ease of premade rolls and the summertime grill! The fruity topping with the sugary glaze will have the kids requesting this breakfast (or dessert? lol) over and over!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Grilled Cinnamon Rolls with Fruit Topping
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CINNAMON FLATBREAD
- It’s unique
- This breakfast flatbread recipe is perfect for a brunch staple
- Kids love this recipe because it’s fun and super delicious.
- It can be on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls – This recipe uses the standard tube of rolls, but you can use the Grands if you wish. Any grocery store house brand of cinnamon rolls similar to these Pillsbury ones will work as long as it comes with the sweet icing/glaze in the package.
Cut Fresh Fruit – The toppings for this recipe used strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.
Almonds – These are optional but they bring a nice nutty flavor to the grilled flatbread buns.
Making Grilled Cinnamon Buns
Open the tube, and separate the biscuits.
Group two biscuits together and with a rolling pin, roll them together making one big one. It doesn’t have to be pretty. Just roll them together, end to end, making it all the same thickness, like this:
After rolling out the cinnamon bun flatbreads, preheat the grill.
While waiting for the grill to preheat, make a small fruit salad with any fruit you have available on hand.
Place the flatbread on the grill. Watch it closely as it cooks quickly. Grill the cinnamon buns until they brown, flip and grill the other side.
Once they are all grilled, remove and set aside.
When you have the grill marks on one side, flip it to do the other side. Remove them when they’re golden brown and gorgeous.
Now all that’s left to do is assemble the breakfast!
Assembling the Fruity Flatbread
- Plate one of the pieces of flatbread on a the plate and top with the fruit.
- Remember the container of icing? Place this in a small bowl and literally microwave it for 5 seconds. You simply want it warm enough to drizzle over everything.
- Optional step, sprinkle some nuts over the very top.
You can easily use frozen fruit. I recommend putting the frozen fruit into a dish and thawing in the microwave before adding it to the flatbread.
If you wanted to level up the frozen fruit, place it in a saucepan. On the stove, begin to heat it through so it breaks down and gets saucy. Add a teaspoon of vanilla and/or sugar.
If you used a fruit such as bananas, adding walnuts would be incredibly delicious. The nuts are an optional step so if you prefer to leave them out, absoltey do so.
You can easily make this in a grill pan on the stove, or simply using a skillet over medium high heat. I recommend adding a light spray of oil in the pan so it doesn’t stick.
And that’s it for the most part folks! Amazing breakfast right? And you know.. it doesn’t have to be breakfast. It could be a dessert! Who wouldn’t want a grilled cinnamon flatbread for dessert??
Have you tried this recipe? If you have, please leave a ***STAR RATING*** below in the recipe card. Thank you so much for stopping by The Salty Pot today!
- 1 tube Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (with the icing)
- 1 cup fresh fruit topping
- ½ cup flaked almonds (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium or 350 degrees F
- Open the can of rolls and separate into the pieces is comes with. Set the container of icing aside for now.
- With a rolling pin, place two rolls beside eachother and roll them into one flatbread. Set aside.
- Cut up the fruit to make a fruit topping. (Optional step, add a teaspoon of sugar and mix).
- Place the rolls on the grill once it comes to temp. Grill the flatbread on each side for approximately 1-2 minutes or until it cooks through and some grill marks are created.
- Remove from the grill.
- Plate the flatbread with the fruit topping.
- Remove the lid of the icing that came with the rolls. Heat in the microwave for 5 seconds. Be VERY careful, it gets very hot, very fast. Drizzle over the fruit. Add the flaked almonds as an optional step.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 flatbread
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.